What is not updating your communications solution costing you?
You might believe that the communications system that you are currently operating on is ‘good enough’ but what if in reality, it simply isn’t?
Whether it be random, lengthy outages, patchy connectivity, collaboration or integration shortfalls, non-compliance with worker safety standards, poor voice and video transmission quality, or even user experience inefficiencies – your system could be in need of an upgrade.
CSE Crosscom has outlined three main pillars for identifying the latest technological functionalities that enhance business operations. These assist in forming the basis of our complementary solution checks to evaluate whether you have sufficient systems in place to keep your operations ticking over.
- Clear voice transmission over large distances
- Monitoring, recording and reporting on device communications
- Text services as well as traditional voice functionality
- Integration capability with smart devices via a push to talk over cellular (PoC) application interface (This functionality enables one to many communications and extends the reach of a radio network by using both cellular and Wi-Fi networks).
- Device capability to integrate with other systems that enable more efficient notification and reaction time in incident response
- Lone worker safety monitoring and man down alarms enabling rapid incident response to a marked location as required
- GPS capability to monitor location of device users both inside and outside of facilities on a smart device or PC
- Management of CCTV, digital two-way radios and body worn cameras on one, user friendly console
- Monitoring and management of smoke / fire, intruder and other hazard alarms
- Integration between body worn cameras and control operations, to enable oversight for incident response
- Control over business access – any person into any place within your business at any time
Impacts on your Business
It is one thing to be aware of the functionality of new technology, but understanding the potential impacts that could result from a deficient communications and video solution is another.
Responsible for a suite of daily operational tasks, such as greeting customers and incident management, through to internal, backend communication – your communications solution is connected to every touchpoint of your business, highlighting the importance to invest in a sufficient solution.
CSE Chatterbox have investigated how a faulty or feature-lacking solution could be costing your businesses’ bottom line.
If you own a faulty or unreliable communications system, technology outages can occur frequently and unpredictably. The delays that result from having to wait until your service is restored is both costly to a business – and if your solution is not cloud-based like many of the latest solutions are – can result in a loss of critical data.
Cost to a business: Not having a fully operational private network puts a business in a risky position of facing time-consuming, costly outages. This results in a loss of employee productivity and potential revenue.
A positive customer experience is critical to B2C businesses. In the current market, customers expect an efficient service and speedy response to queries. If your business lacks a good communications system between staff, and employees cannot be easily reached or communicated with – your business lacks the capability to meet these customer demands.
Cost to a business: A customer dissatisfied with a service is one not likely to return. As lifeblood to many B2C companies, losing customers by not meeting the mark is sure to have ebb on effects.
Operational Oversight/Employee Engagement
Being able to keep abreast of business and employee operations anytime, anywhere, is a capability that has been implemented in newer communications solutions. Latest digital two-way radio solutions feature texting, in addition to traditional voice functionality to be able to contact employees directly and remain agile in operations. Integration capabilities between modern security / video and radios keeps oversight in one place and makes it possible to manage a business remotely.
Cost to a business: Missing the ability to collaborate remotely and with interoperability between devices means that a business will lack oversight that would enable them to better allocate time and resources, harming productivity and worker satisfaction.
Modern businesses need to be equipped to respond to an increase in customer demand or scale of works / operations. When running on a legacy communications system, capacity and capability to scale up a solution is difficult.
Cost to a business: Being unable to meet the needs of growing market demand can be the difference between a business being able to grow and thrive, or to choke and lose out on contracts or growth opportunities.